Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask review (hydration mask)

I have been searching for a multiple-times-a-week, pick-me-up mask to add hydration without causing pimples and excessive oil around my t-zone for a couple of months now. I have dry skin around my cheeks, nose and chin area and so they are the main focuses of improvement.

On a recent trip to Singapore, I was persuaded by a very effective sales woman to purchase the 'Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask'. This is the first product I have ever purchased from Fresh.
As per the Fresh website the, "Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask with advanced antioxidants is a hydrating treatment that immediately reveals softer, firmer, healthier-looking skin. The innovative formula's velvety whipped texture has an immediate cooling effect to refresh the skin and the senses."





After four uses (two weeks), I'm pleasantly surprised. The aroma of the mask isn't anything spectacular (a little like an old apricot) and the consistency is kinda odd. It feels mushy, wet and thick. That's the best way I can describe it- it's different.

So what was I pleasantly surprised about?
- the fact that you only need to wear it for 10minutes;
- it doesn't feel heavy on your skin and doesn't limit what else you can do whilst wearing it. Although sheet masks are a great way to deliver hydration, I find I am much more committed to using a mask as part of a routine where I don't have to lay on my back for 30mins two times a week for it to work;
- it has a cooling peppermint sensation whilst on; and
- upon removal it doesn't leave a residue.

Skin texture
My skin is left feeling very moisturised, smooth and dare I use the word- plump. My cheeks feel dewy and calm and my t-zone under control.

Price
I would classify this mask on the expensive side. I paid around Singapore $140, which the sales woman stated is the cheapest price in Asia. The jar is 100mls which provides comfort however this is still a pricy mask for application two times a week.

Repurchasing
I would. Once you get past the odd texture and slightly off putting smell, the mask does provide excellent hydration, a great cooling feeling and no leftover residue. Good job Fresh.

Comments

Popular Posts