Tips for choosing your next cleanser and moisturiser

My Khiel's ultra cleanser and moisturiser have almost ran out and so it's time to choose their replacement. They have been an excellent choice for my transition into Hong Kong with the change in humidity, air pollution and heavily air conditioned environments. I needed a basic duo to assist my skin over the change. Now my skin seems to have somewhat adjusted it's time to choose skincare which assists my 'new' skin issues in Hong Kong which are:
- Dryness;
- Sensitiveness;
- Red cheeks;
- Dark circles under eyes; and
- Occasional (although manageable) blemishes.

So where did I start looking?

Discovery phase
My first stop was the incredibly entertaining you-tuber, Trinny! Trinny consistently mentions La Roche Posay as her 'favourite french pharmacy brand' for dry and sensitive skin- wolah fits my skin concerns.

Next to the understanding phase
I need to understand what this brands main ingredient is, what skin types it for, how long they have been in business, affordability etc..
I was interested to learn all about the thermal water process and about their facility in France for treating many skin disorders.
You can read (in summary) the background of the brand here: http://www.scmp.com/article/667612/brand-story-la-roche-posay

Next to the testing
To test i turn to real life examples and what's better than reading 15-20 online reviews and about the same in youtube reviews (timely but effective). I find people always write the more honest reviews outside of the brands website. I was pleasantly surprised to learn the majority of the reviews were extremely positive about the brand and the theme definitely was over the time this does change your skin.

Now to choosing which products
The La Roche Posay range is quite confusing with all the different names- Effaclar. Toleriane, Cicaplat, Rosaliac etc... However I did manage to understand from the website's literature that the products I should go for are from the Toleriane, Rosaliac and Hydraphase ranges. To treat my sensitive (Toleriane), redness (rosaliac) and dry (hydraphase) skin.
So I have chosen:
- Make-up remover- Micellar water (sensitive skin)
- Cleanser- Dermo- Cleanser (from the Toleraine range)
- Moisturiser- Hydraphase Intense Rich
- Eyes- Hydraphase Intense Eyes
- Thermal spring water

I'll test them for two months and get back with the results!

Comments

Popular Posts