Most disappointing product purchases of 2016

I wanted to write a post about products which I purchased and persevered with to the point where I feel completely comfortable writing about how disappointing they truly were.



No.1 - Almond and honey face scrub by Mario Basescu
The texture of this mask is very unusual. There are small bead/ sand balls in amoungst a slightly sticky almost yoghurt feel consistency. Upon application the product does have not enough bead/ sand balls to make the exfloitation part of the mask effective. You end up putting way too much on to try and get enough sand particles to make the scrub effective.

Once on, the product feels thick and slightly sticky. Then comes the removal. Despite using a warm muslin cloth, you are still left with a layer of product rescue on your skin. This is not a good layer- not a moisturising one, like a thick, slightly sticky, feels like pore- clogging layer.

The next day my skin didn't feel any different and the next few times I found I needed to use a strong cleanser and had to scrub fairly hard to get the product off. I always feel bad for wasting products I buy so I now use this product as a foot mask. Yet again, little to no change in my foot skin texture.

No.2 - Pore Medic Peeling Gel by Dr. Jart 
This 'peeling gel' performs an excellent disappearing act when applied. As in despite multiple uses I still have not reached the point where I can peel it off!

So the product is a clear lightweight gel which is advised to apply to the whole face, leave on for a few minutes then wash off. So yes why would you call it a peeling mask?... when removing the product I find it has already disappred into my skin. Now as a warning I do have dry skin since moving to HK, however I do find it concerning that a peeling gel product disappears into my skin. After multiple applications I found the pores around my nose and cheek area have not diminished. Disappointing.

No. 3 - Nars tinted moisturiser
Do any of you out there enjoy looking shiny beyond the luninizer look for a few hours and then prefer to look slightly patchy? If so this may be the product for you. I tried this product consistently every weekend for at least 2 months. The product goes on faily well, not as nice as the lb cream but still feels hydrating. I definitely feel shiny after application and for the subsequent 2 hours, particularly on the nose area. However after a couple of hours the product disappears from my checks, chin and forehead and tends to clump like a bad mascara around my nose, hairline and under eyes.

Before purchasing I read so many good reviews on this product and I'm pretty disappointed I didn't have the same experience. Much like the lb cream, I tried differing amount of moisturiser and primer but had little to no changes.

I might add this product is on the expensive side of tinted moisturisers retailing for over $40 aud.

Comments

Popular Posts