Hydrating your body. Oils and Lotions.

For me there's two main options when it comes to hydrating your body, Oils and Lotions.

Before I start, I must mention that I live in Hong Kong and I find oils hold up better here under the humidity as opposed to Australia's dry heat where lotions do prove more effective to hydrate my skin.

Below are my top favourites in Oils and Lotions listed from least to most expensive.

Vaseline- Intensive Care Deep Restore Lotion
One of the best attributes about this lotion is how fast it sinks into your skin and how nice your skin feels instantly upon application. As opposed to the above oils, I don't feel this lotion has a long term improvement effect on your skin however it can help to lessen irritations caused after shaving or by the environment. Again, great for when you are in rush. Instant results.

The lotion retails for AUD $5 for 225mL.

Crabtree and Evelyn- Citron Honey & Coriander Body Lotion
I know, this is a strange one given the previous body hydration products, but I love the smell and feel. This lotion does leave a slightly oily residue on your body and hands after application however the smell is so so good that I choose to look past this. The pump and size are great for the side table next to bed and it does the job.

The lotion retails for AUD $30 for 250mL.

Bio Oil
I apply Bio Oil to cellulite and scar creases. Combined with dry brushing, I believe this an effective, non-surgical treatment.

Bio Oil retails for AUD $25 for 200mL.

Aurora Spa Rituals- Grapefruit & Rosehip Revitalising Body Oil
The Aurora oil is a bit more heavy than the Mecca Elixir and has less of a scent. Great for cold winter nights where your skin feels extremely dry and in need of hydration. If my skin feels particularly dry I'll often apply a lotion on top to lock in the oil's effects.

The oil retails for AUD $36 for 200mL.

Josie Maran- Whipped Argan Oil (in lotion form)
This is a heavy, oil induced lotion which has a distinct argan oil scent. I would say this is definitely the most hydrating lotion/ oil I own. I do note that I am conscious the lotion is on my skin when I wear it. This lotion really revives my dry skin and develops overnight so my skin feels much smoother and softer in the morning. 

The lotion retails for AUD $50 for 240mL.

Jo Malone- Grapefruit Body Creme
I would classify this creme as my big meeting or big event go- to. The smell is very powerful and it really does complement my Jo Malone perfume. The creme is very thick and nourishing and certainly a little does go a long way.

The creme retails for AUD $120 for 175mL.

Mecca Cosmetica- Mecca Elixir Luxury Body Oil
This oil has a lightweight feel and a subtle smell. The oil melts in to your skin super fast and is great when you are in rush. I also think it's clever how although the cylinder is black you can see how much is left when you put the bottle into the light.

The oil retails for AUD $98 for 120mL.

Comments

Popular Posts