Morning Skincare Routine: Sunday, 25 February 2018

After introducing new Korean skincare into my routine, I thought I would post an update of my routine. I live in a very cold, dry climate and as such I have dry skin... which is great. So loads of moisturisers, oils, hyaluronic and other serums and layering techniques below. Also I have a slight obsession with skincare so no day is the same, as such the steps will be released via categories so you don’t spend 2 hours reading this post.

First step. Cleanser.

I have three favourite cleansers which I alternate based on my skin condition on the given morning.

1.     For very dry skin mornings and when you need an immediate sensory pick- me- up: Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm.

Redeeming features include the amazing smell which is very soothing and almost feels anti- inflammatory when applied to the skin. The balm also turns into oil almost immediately making it extremely easy to glide onto the skin and commence a morning facial massage.

It does require quite hot water and many applications of a muslin cloth to remove however the smell penetrates through the steam of the muslin making the experience quite sensory.

Although it’s a pricey product, you really only need a 5- 10 cent amount to cover your face and neck due to the immediate chemical property change into oil. I’ve had the full size of the product for around 4 months now and it’s only half used.

2.     For tired, puffy skin mornings when you can’t be bothered or don’t have time for washing a product off 4- 5 times with a muslin cloth: Eve Lom Cleansing Balm

Okay, weird consistency, I will admit. However once you get over that, like the Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm, it spreads very easily across your face and is very soothing.

The Eve Lom Cleansing Balm has all the features of the Omoreziva minus the lovely smell but comes off with one hot swipe of a muslin cloth so if you’re not into a particularly oily morning experience this is for you.

Again, pricey however 10 cent amount will cover face and neck easily.

3.     For when you feel you need a deeper clean and/ or when I want to use my beloved Foreo but not strip my dry skin: Fresh Soy Face Cleanser.

I feel this product was really hyped on instagram and other social media a few months ago and that’s about the time I was persuaded to try.

I don’t know how much I love the smell; may I say it’s kind of like fermented fruit? Some days it’s good, others not so. However, consistency is great and feels nice on the skin, never irritating and definitely not drying. Comes off super easily with just hot/ warm/ cold water so great for travelling. I usually decant the large size into a smaller recycled Ordinary glass dropper jar (so proud of my recycling and perfect for hand luggage as the jars are 30mL!).

Okay, just realized I have another.

4.     For Christmas my parents got me an Omorovicza travel size product pack, which contained a foaming cleanser.

Now I would never buy a foaming cleanser as I have dry skin and it’s a big no no. However, this cleanser does not dry out my skin and the smell (like most products from Omorovicza) is absolutely amazing. This cleanser also does not irritate my eyes.

Stay tuned for the next step in my morning routine…

Comments

Popular Posts