Re- discovering Clinique







I’ve recently found myself purchasing a rather large amount of Clinique skincare and make up items after a long time only referencing to the 3 step program to the brand. It first started with a quest to replace my LB cream (lived in Hong Kong and couldn't replace it). I did a google search on best bb/ cc/ dd creams and headed to the IFC mall to sample and chose my replacement.

After having no luck finding the majority of googled creams, I stumbled across Clinique where a pleasant and non- pushy sales assistant recommended the anti-blemish solutions bb cream which would work well with Hong Kong’s humidity. The formula dries quickly and evenly when applied with an overall moisturiser application (super great- no brush/ beauty blender needed). 

After being impressed with the product, I started to read about their other popular products. The most recommended by far was the ‘take the day off’ cleansing balm. I was hesitant at first as I have the Omorcheviza thermal cleansing mud which smells divine and is a great cleanser however given the price tag I could never justify using it to remove my daily make up. Having dry skin and now even dryer in Mongolia, I always felt like liquid cleanser’s stripped my skin and let it sort of raw and irritable especially around the cheek area, so the idea of the moisturising yet thorough cleansing balm appealed to me. Once again I headed in store and keenly sampled the formula. Upon first application it appeared disappointing as a layer of oil remained after I washed my hands however if you had a little bit of water the balm almost transforms into the texture of a cleanser and removes effectively just with water. I now use this product every night and enjoy the gentle massaging process on my skin.

To continue my Clinique haul I then purchased the ‘even better’ foundation as I needed something richer for the Mongolian cold climate. Love this product again. I apply like a mosituriser and end up with a beautiful dewy glow and it’s so so easy. As you can imagine I started to get very enthusiased- 3 products I like with no downsides! As a bonus, each of the products travel well with their plastic lightweight packaging and secure closures. So on a recent trip back to Hong Kong I significantly grew my collection. With the dryer weather in Mongolia although I’m moisturising more I still feel my skin is dry. I needed a body exfoliator one that didn’t leave behind a residue of product (probably my most disliked quality in a product). So I started with the Clinique ‘sparkle skin’ exfoliator. When applied it almost feels and smells like mint toothpaste. However it has refreshing feeling to the skin and when removed with water it comes off completely leaving no residue and just a super smooth patch on my hand. I decided not to buy instantly and check other stores for comparing products first (I always enjoy testing products). After 4 other brands products I experienced excessive fragranced products, sticky residue and super harsh exfoliate. I headed back to Clinique and promptly purchased. I used the product that evening and found my legs and stomach were significantly smoother and fresher. My arms have a minor discolouration and I think with a few more uses will result in a similar smoothness. I was also pleased with how mild, yet effective the exfloiant is. I wasn’t keen on tearing out my skin or causing irritations but at the same time I wanted results. So another success.

Next the big guns. Eye creams and a non- stripping yet effective morning cleanser. For eye cream I chose the ‘all about eyes’ as it stated to be for puffiness and dark circles (my current concerns) and the dry skin moisturising cleanser. I’m currently on a plane and testing the transportability of the cleanser (it has a pump top which you twist to block product or release it) so it’ll either end in success or my bag will be filled with 150mL of cleanser. Here’s hoping. I don’t like to judge eye creams instantly so the only comments I will say is it applies easily and absorbs into the skin. The rest- time will tell. The cleanser on the other hand is fragrance free (yes!), non- irritable, removes any left-over moisturiser/ serum from the night before and doesn’t leave a residue. This was exactly what I wanted in a cleanser (well I did want one that was easy to travel with- will report on the results of that later).
So I have somehow ended up with a large portion of my skin care and make up routine as Clinique (cleanser, make up remover, eye cream, body exfoliator, bb cream and foundation). Due to Clinique’s non irritating formulas, I’ve found they work well with my other skincare favourites (Omorezivca thermal cleansing balm, Avene rich daily moisturiser, RMS Beauty Oil, Dr. Maniel anti- pollution serum). 

Comments

Popular Posts