Introduction of Korean skincare into my daily routine: Friday 16 February 2018



Prior to visiting Korea, I had heard about the Korean technology in their skincare products and their different approaches to Western skincare.

First on my shopping list was a non- alcoholic toner and a skin essence. As always, my preference is for natural, organic products so I came across the following natural Korean brands:
  •       Whamisa
  •        Aromatic
  •        Innisfree
  •        Nature Republic
  •        Primera


I was unable to confirm online or in store whether the above were organic however I suspect not. Ended up picking up the Aromatic Daffodil toner and the Primera Miracle Seed Essence.

However whilst walking along Caroguso- gil Road in Sinsa, I came across Huxley, a natural newish brand which sourced their main ingredient described to me as ‘cactus oil’ from the Sahara dessert back to Korea for production in their products. The store was decorated with sand and projector boards showing how to use their products and the store attendants were nice and welcoming. I purchased the Moisture Moist moisturizer and the SPF50 sunscreen.

I then found the Abnormal Beauty Company, which was surprising and I picked up:
  •        Caffeine eye solution
  •        Retinol body oil
  •        Hair cleansing cream


For eye cream, I read so many rave reviews on the Innisfree Orchid eye cream so for 14k won I thought it’s definitely worth a try. Then of course half a dozen sheet masks from Nature Republic.


Over the next few months, I’ll be documenting my thoughts on the above purchased products, stay tune…

Comments

Popular Posts